United Arab Emirates, Dubai

Student Visa

    What are the needed documents for a student visa in the UK?

    Studying abroad allows one to see the world from another perspective, learning new things in a new place can be helpful for personal growth as well. To apply for a student visa to the United Kingdom, there are certain criteria you would need to fulfill and certain documents that you should be ready to submit. These documents are mandatory and there should be no mistake in any of them lest you risk your visa being rejected.

    A current passport or other valid travel documentation

    You should know that you would be providing a valid passport for verification. If it is not your first time, you can go along with your old passports for them to verify that you’ve been to the UK previously.

    Confirmation for Acceptance of Study

    This is evidence that you have been given admission to a school based in the United Kingdom. It is a confirmation likely in the form of an email that you would present along with your other travel papers. You don’t need to bring along a hard copy as the only thing required is the reference number in the visa application form.

    Proof of English Language Proficiency

    The processing of your study visa will require a test of your English language proficiency. It doesn’t matter if you are going for a short-term course or a long-term course, there is still the need for you to be proficient in the English language. The school you are applying to will provide the standard for the testing and your Confirmation for Acceptance of Study (CAS) issued by the University would have already stated your level of proficiency based on their test.


    If you are coming from a non-English speaking country and all your documents are in a foreign language, then they would have to be translated into English. You must however attach the original to the translated copy.

    Proof of finances

    Even for students, you will have to provide evidence that you have the financial resources available to take care of needs and expenses throughout your course of study. Enough to cover your tuition, your accommodation, and your daily living. Anything ranging from bank statements, loan letters, official sponsorship letters can be used. If you have someone you are going to be staying with, then they have to sign an affidavit that they have the resources to take care of you throughout your stay.


    Proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian

    If the funds you will be using are held under someone else’s name, then you would need to provide evidence of a definitive relationship between you and this person. You also need a letter of consent duly signed by the person whose account you are using.

    Proof of Consent

    Apart from signing for you to use their account, for students under the age of 18, their parents would need to sign a consent form. This confirms that they are aware and conform to your wish to travel to the United Kingdom.

    So what are the types of study visas and the conditions surrounding them?

    Short-term Study Visa

    Short-term courses are usually within the range of 6 months. If your course is not more than 6 months and you do not need to stay in the UK after the course then the short-term visa is for you. For approval of your short-term visa, you need to prove that you have already been admitted into a school and your course of study, you have enough money to cover your flight to the UK, your stay in the UK, and your return to your home country. Short-term visa can, however, extend past 6 months, up to 11 months if you are studying an English language course.

    Tier 4 (General) UK Student Visa

    This student visa is for courses that extend past 6-11 months. Also called a long-term study visa, this visa can extend as long a 12 months and longer. You can only apply for this visa if you are above the age of 16. You must have been offered admission by a recognized school and your proficiency in English is acceptable; at least you must be capable of expressing yourself either in writing or speaking. You must also provide evidence that you have enough to take care of your expenses throughout your stay. Students under 18 will, however, need to provide the contact details of their parent.

      We provide top information services


      Student Visa

      Apply to Student Visa

      Work Visa

      Apply to Work Visa

      Tourist Visa

      Apply to Tourist Visa

      Visit Visa

      Apply to Visit Visa

      Spouse Visa

      Apply to Spouse Visa

      Infants Visa

      Apply to Newly Born Infants Visa