United Arab Emirates, Dubai

Student Visa

A study visa to Spain is a type of long-stay visa which allows you to engage in educational activities for a period that is longer than 3 months. You will require a Spanish visa if your country does not have a visa-free agreement with Schengen states or you have been previously denied a visa-free entry into the country. A Spanish student visa allows you to engage in the following activities while in Spain:

  1. Study in an authorized institution and obtain an official degree.
  2. Engage in research or training activities.
  3. Be a participant in student exchange programs.
  4. Perform non-work placement and volunteer services as a student.


Documents needed for a Student Visa in Spain: 

The application process for a student visa can be quite strenuous and complicated especially when it comes to gathering the needed documents for application therefore this article enlists the various documents you will be needing while applying for a study visa to Spain. The following are the required documents for a student visa:

  • Visa application form: You will need at least two copies of a visa application form which must be filled out carefully and signed by the applicant.

  • Two biometric photos: They must be recent and meet the requirements stipulated by the Schengen.

  • Original passport of the applicant: Which must contain at least 2 blank pages and have a validity period extending the length of your stay in Spain.

  • Copies of passport pages: You will need to submit copies of your passport showing the details of the applicant and previous visa stamps.

  • Flight itinerary: Showing the dates of the booked flights.

  • Proof of study: This is a document that supplies proof of your purpose for applying for a student visa. This often comes in form of an admission letter issued by an educational institution in Spain or a contract signed by you and an organization if you will be undergoing vocational training or volunteer service.

  • Health insurance plan: You’re required to purchase a health insurance plan which is authorized to operate in Spain and can cover medical expenses during your stay in Spain.

  • Accommodation proof: This is to show that the applicant has a place of residence in Spain. It can be in form of a rental agreement or an invitation letter from someone already living in the country.

  • Proof of finance: This is to show that the applicant will be able to cater for any needed expenses while in Spain. It can be in form of a bank statement, a scholarship letter, or a sponsorship letter if someone else will be covering the expenses of the applicant.

  • Medical certificate: Must be issued by a licensed doctor attesting to the fact that you are in good health and free from diseases that may affect the public.

  • Proof of civil status: This document is meant to show your citizenship. It could be in form of a birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.

The above-mentioned are the main documents you will need to submit. The consular officer in charge of your application may however decide to request additional documents such as a criminal record if you will be staying longer than 6 months.


    We provide top information services

    Student Visa

    Apply to Student Visa

    Work Visa

    Apply to Work Visa

    Tourist Visa

    Apply to Tourist Visa

    Visit Visa

    Apply to Visit Visa

    Spouse Visa

    Apply to Spouse Visa

    Infants Visa

    Apply to Newly Born Infants Visa