United Arab Emirates, Dubai

Family Visa

Very important to note that; a work visa will only be given to a foreigner if there is no capable citizen or permanent resident to fill in that post and you can only be granted the visa when you already have a letter of employment. If you are thinking of going to South Africa to go job-hunting then by all means don’t.


A completed visa application form

The country is currently working on an eVisa for travelers so they can just get and fill the application form online and submit but currently, you need to visit a South African consulate in your country to collect your form. The form for a work visa should be the BI-1738. A person applying for a work visa should also apply for a temporary residency permit if the job will be taking longer than 3 months.

The visa application fee

You will be required to pay a token for the form. Be it the form or the payment, you must keep both because you would be asked to present evidence for both on the day of your interview.


An eligible passport

One must possess a valid passport to travel to the country. It must not be expiring anytime soon and not during your stay in the country. Its validity must extend at least 30 days after you leave the country. It must have at least two blank pages for the stamp.


Proof of financial means

Another very important requirement is proof of sustenance. You must be able to show that you can take care of yourself throughout your stay. Your bank statement is the surest way to convince them of this.

Proof of medical insurance cover

Medical records, psychological tests, vaccination certificates, and medical and radiology reports, as long as you have them, bring them along.

Police clearance certificates from each country in which the applicant resided for 12 months or longer since the age of 18

As additional proof that you are of good character and law-abiding, you can present a clearance certificate of the police from a country you have visited or resided in for more than a year. The dates must be after you are 18 and you can present for more than one country.

Travel information such as the itinerary and address at which the applicant will reside while in South Africa

Your proof of accommodation is also very vital. If you will be staying with someone then such person has to write and sign a letter consenting to your claim. The individual supporting the foreigner must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident. If the person will also be taking care of your expense then they also need to show proof that they have enough resources to take of you throughout your stay; both financial and accommodation included.

General work visa

Just a normal visa for works not exceeding 5 years


A certificate from the Department of Labour 

The employer must procure for the applicant a certificate from the Department of Labour. The applicant must present the certificate during the interview to confirm that he/she is already a staff of the company.


Proof of qualifications evaluated by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic

The conditions of employment and the foreigner’s qualifications will still need to be reviewed by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Documents should be translated into an official South African language by an accredited translator. The name of the translator or the agency should be affixed to the document as well.

A contract of employment signed by both yourself and the employer.

Another document to be presented is the employment contract signed by you and your employer. It should detail all requirements and conditions attached to the employment.


Documents for family (if applicable)

You need to provide the different documents of your family if any of them is accompanying you and if not, it serves as proof of return.

The employer must also be willing to sign your deportation papers if the need arises.


Requirements for Intra-company Transfer Work Visa:

Companies usually transfer workers from time to time, for them to gain experience or positively influence the staff. These type of visas does not exceed 4 years. It cannot be renewed nor can it be extended.

Different from the General work visa requirements, you must provide the following as additional documents for an Intra-company transfer work visa:


An employment contract with the company abroad

The applicant must provide the employment contract that they had with the company abroad. This is to confirm their claim of employment and probably to see if you have the qualifications to work in the post assigned to you in the company you are transferring to.

A transfer letter from your company and the South African company

A signed letter from your employer giving consent to your transfer. Another letter must come from the South African company confirming your transfer.

The South African employer must also be willing to sign that you will:

Leave the country once it is 4 years

Work only in the position that your permit is granted.


We provide top information services

Student Visa

Apply to Student Visa

Work Visa

Apply to Work Visa

Tourist Visa

Apply to Tourist Visa

Visit Visa

Apply to Visit Visa

Spouse Visa

Apply to Spouse Visa

Infants Visa

Apply to Newly Born Infants Visa