Japan Tourist Visa requirements
While some countries are exempted from applying for a visa as long as their stay is not more than 3 months (90 days) some are not even allowed to stay 1 day without their visa. You should check if your country falls into the short-stay visa-free category before applying for one. The following however, are requirements for tourist/visit visa in Japan.
- A completed visa application form
First and foremost, get your visa application form. The application form is available at the Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country. All information entered in the application form must be valid because you may be asked to provide evidence for them if they find it may be false.
- A valid passport
Your passport must be valid with at least 6 months remaining after your estimated time of departure from Japan and it should have at least 2 blank pages for your visas to be affixed.
- Passport Photographs
Get passport photographs ready because it might needed at any time. The photo must be clear, your eyes and ears should be clearly visible and it must be a petty recent photograph.
- Proof of financial ability
These are documents that shows that you can sustain yourself financially during your stay in the country. Your bank statement can be one of these documents. You can also provide a certificate of your financial situation for the previous 6 months issued by your bank.
If applying without a sponsor, a copy of your Certificate of Employment must be submitted.
- Travel Itinerary
Providing a schedule and travel plans for the trip is just another way to let them award you the visa faster, because that way, they know where you are and the places you are expected be.
Other documents you might be asked to provide can include:
- A copy of your birth certificate
- And if you are married, you might be asked to submit a marriage certificate, especially if the marriage is not up to 2 years.
- And lastly, you must have the intention to leave Japan at the end of your authorized stay.
- Citizens of the visa-free countries are still expected to have a valid passport as this will be used to process their e-Visa.