What are the needed documents for Visit Visa in Canada?
This is a temporary resident visa referred to as Visitor Visa in Canada. The visa is a legalize document that indicate that an individual has been authorized to travel to Canada for a short period of time. Mostly, people who apply for visitor visa usually stay up to a period of 6 months at most in Canada.
People apply for visitor’s visa for different reasons such as visiting their family, going on a vacation to enjoy their holiday, honeymoon, marriage anniversary and tourism in Canada. The Border service officers are the authorized personnel that can give you the permission to enter the country or leave the country if you don’t meet the requirement or you look suspicious. The relationship of your home country with Canada will depend if you will need to apply for visa or all you need to do is to enter Canada with your passport alone.
An individual should check their eligibility before applying for the tourist/visit visa. The criteria for the Temporary resident visas consist of:
- A valid passport that has a blank page before the last page of the passport.
- The age of the applicant must be 18.
- The capacity to pay for the application fee and visa processing.
- You must not have any criminal record.
- Fluent in English or French language.
- Sign and date your document accurately.
- Sign consent form.
- Have funds to finance your stay in the country.
- Be ready to go for an interview.
- Your intentions is just to take a tour or visit a family.
In order to start the application for the temporary resident visa, there are various steps that individual must look into carefully. The steps are listed below:
- Check your eligibility
- The documents required must be original and it must be complete
- After filling the visa form, submit it
- Wait for feedback
- Upon request, make your passport available for stamping.
- Documents needed for Visit visa in Canada
This set of documents needs to be submitted in order to apply for a Tourist Visa for Canada:
- Application form: The form filled needs to be submitted.
- Proof of financial status: A prospective individual must have financial proof indicating that they have sufficient funds or their sponsor has enough funds to cover their tour and living expenses during their stay in Canada. Proof of financial strength includes but not limited to: Bank account statement Letters from sponsor and Financial aid letters and so on.
- Proof of relationship: An individual travelling to Canada to spend some time with their lovers must show evidence of their relationship. If a person is visiting a family in Canada, you must show evidence to back your relationship with the said person.
- Bank Statement of the Individual you’re visiting: For someone sponsoring Canada tourist visa, you must share the applicants some docs such as statement of your bank account, bank verification letter for sponsoring a Canadian visa which will serve as a proof to the embassy that you’re competent of supporting your guest during their stay in Canada.
- Declaration letter: You have to express your feelings to the government telling them why they should grant you visa. You’ll explain in details why you chose Canada out of other countries, what you’re going to do when you get to the country, the places you want to visit in the country and the people you’re familiar with and their address.
- Criminal records: The individual must submit a criminal record obtained from the country you’re coming from. The essence of the record is to know if you’re an ex-convict, arraigned to the court of law, to know if you’ve get yourself involve in any criminal activities. The document will be used to justify your motive for coming to Canada.
- Attach two photographs: The photos will be in small size and it will serve as identification for the individual applying for the tourist visa in order for the embassy to know they’re evaluating. The photos to be submitted must be printed on a photographic paper, it must be clear and any form of blurriness will not be accepted, the photos should be in colored or white and black, you must appear in the center of the camera and the photo should have been taken within the last 6 months.