United Arab Emirates, Dubai

Spouse Visa

 Married visa in Australia is being issued to people who are engaged in a de facto (existing) relationship with a permanent resident or Australian citizen. The purpose of applying for partner visa is to be with your spouse in Australia. Partner visa is divided into three: onshore visa, offshore visa and prospective marriage visa (Fiancé Visa).

The onshore and offshore visas are distinctive based on where you’re applying for the visa. It might be in Australia or outside the country; they are further diverged into temporary resident visa and permanent residence visa based on the time you’ll be spending in the country.

Onshore partner visa: this visa allows it holder to submit their visa application within Australia. That is, the individual would be present in the country in terms of geographical location and the individual will also wait for the application to be processed within the country.

Onshore temporary Visa: The visa is temporary in nature; it allows the holder to stay and work in Australia for a maximum of two (2) years until the application is further processed to permanent resident visa. The reason why it’s called onshore visa is strictly because you can apply for it when you’re already staying in Australia.

Check your eligibility before applying for the visa:

  1. You must be in a real or existing relationship with an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealanders, and Permanent Resident.
  2. You and your partner should be above the age of 18.
  3. You must have lived with your partner for a year.
  4. Your medication evaluation must be approved by an authorized doctor.
  5. You must have a null criminal case report.
  6. Your sponsor must not be sponsoring another person during the time of application.
  7. Your partner must not be sponsored during the time of application either.


Required documents for Onshore Visa:

  • Birth certificate.
  • Identification pages from a family book (if required).
  • Marriage certificate (for married couple).
  • Evidence of de facto relationship.
  • Detailed statement of you and your partner in a De facto relationship such as: where you met, time you spend together, the development of your relationship.
  • Your plans with your partner.
  • Evidence of people knowing about your relationship.
  • Proof of prior relationship (divorced paper).

Offshore partner visas: unlike onshore visa which is processed within the country, the offshore visa allows you or your partner to apply from outside Australia. The completion of your visa will validate your stay in Australia after which you can be eligible to apply for permanent residency after spending the minimum of two years without having any setback.

The offshore is divided into two categories:

  1. Provisional offshore partner.
  2. Offshore migrant partner visa.

Provisional offshore Partner: This visa can only be issued while you’re outside Australia. It’s the first step of getting Australian permanent residence and to be eligible for the visa, you and your partner should have met the following requirement:

  • You and your partner must be over 18 years of age.
  • You or your partner applying must be an Australian citizen, and eligible New Zealanders.
  • You must be committed to your relationship.
  • You must be married to your partner.
  • You must provide proof of the originality of your relationship.


Required document for Offshore Migrant:

  • Personal information.
  • Identity card.
  • Birth certificate.
  • Marriage certificate (married).
  • Proof the originality of your relationship.
  • A detailed statement of your relationship life with your partner.
  • Proof of how you share domestic work with your husband to be or husband if married.
  • Evidence of commitment.
  • Police certificate of any country you’ve lived in.
  • And another additional document that might be requested.

Prospective Marriage Visa: The applicant must be engaged to an Australian Citizen or permanent resident to enter the country with a prospective marriage visa. New Zealanders that are eligible may also travel to Australia with the use of Prospective marriage visa. Any individual using this type of visa should have been preparing to get married within 6-9 months.

It must be noted that the Prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa for nonimmigrant which means you’re not on permanent resident visa. For you to become a permanent resident, you must marry your partner who is a citizen of Australia, permanent resident and other New Zealand citizens that are eligible.


We provide top information services

Student Visa

Apply to Student Visa

Work Visa

Apply to Work Visa

Tourist Visa

Apply to Tourist Visa

Visit Visa

Apply to Visit Visa

Spouse Visa

Apply to Spouse Visa

Infants Visa

Apply to Newly Born Infants Visa